Have you ever heard the saying, "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link"? If you consider this statement for the purpose of choosing to collaborate with an answering service: Don’t be limited by collaborating with companies that are not able to scale their services and expand and enhance their offerings to meet your requirements. A good answering service should always be evolving, testing the limits, finding new ways to help. Great answering services should have a vested interest in helping your company to grow!
In choosing a telephone answering service, whether you’re a large or small business, it’s important to confine your search to those that can customize solutions for your unique needs. You are not like any other business, therefore why should your answering service be?
“Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
Professional answering services train their agents to truly get to know the business for which they are answering calls. For instance; for doctors and cosmetic surgeons, phone agents should be trained by medical professionals to be knowledgeable in the healthcare field so they can better answer routine calls and recognize emergency calls when they happen. The better you can connect with your customers or patients, the more likely they will trust you with their needs.
If you are not sure what type of options are out there for you, here are just a few examples of specialized services that a professional answering service can offer:
- Monitoring large corporate OSHA hotlines; Fielding in-bound employee occupational safety calls.
- Monitoring oil and gas alarms for companies who need a 24 hour presence for their facility and want to ensure safety.
- Working with park and forest services to help with researcher tracking, visitor help and information, and employee check-in.
- Partnering with risk management companies to more efficiently track fleet vehicle driving safety.
- Helping regional hunting and fishing associations gather critical data for better wildlife management.
- Staying informed and compliant with HIPAA regulations for medical office calls.
- Analyzing call data to develop reports to support your businesses activities.
Don't just settle, know that a good answering service should be able to customize services to best fit your business and customer needs!
Click here to read more articles like this.