CALL FORWARD REMOTE ACCESS
Call Forward Remote Access gives you the power to control your business line from nearly anywhere you have access to a telephone line. There are literally hundreds of reasons you may not have access to your main business line, but would like to change the final destination of any call that comes into that line.
Suppose you lose power in your office during the day and suddenly you don't have access to your main phone lines. What if you could pick up your cell phone, dial a number, enter a code, and then forward your business line somewhere a live person could answer the phone? Call Forward Remote Access gives you this power.
Suppose your secretary leaves the office, makes her normal commute home, and then realizes she forgot to forward the lines to the answering service when she left. In most cases someone has to make the drive all the way back to the office and forward the phones so that sales aren't lost, patients are taken care of, or service calls can be handled. Call Forward Remote Access eliminates the need to ever have to drive back to the office to forward your telephone lines.
HOW TO FORWARD YOUR PHONE LINE
- Check with your phone provider and make sure you have the feature enabled on your line. Your phone provider should also provide you with the feature code you’ll need to enable and disable call forwarding.
- Pick up the line that has forwarding enabled and enter your feature code (this is usually 72# or *72 depending on who the phone provider is). Don’t hang up!
- When you hear your dial tone again, enter the number to which you wish your calls forwarded.
- Once that number starts ringing, you can be confident that your lines are forwarded.
- Test the lines! Pick up another phone and dial the number you tried to forward. Make sure it’s being answered the way you want it to.
HOW TO UN-FORWARD YOUR PHONE LINE
- Check with your phone provider and make sure you have the feature enabled on your line. Your phone provider should provide you with the feature code you’ll need to disable the call forwarding.
- Pick up the line that is forwarded and enter your feature code (this is usually 73# or *73 depending on who the phone provider is). Then you can hang up.
- Test the lines! Pick up another phone and dial the number that was forwarded. Make sure it’s being answered the way you want it to.
For more simple tips and techniques click here to read our @sk the Expert blog.
iPhone users click here for a call forwarding cheat sheet!